Monday, December 15, 2008

YUMMY!!!!

Growing up, we always had a day when Grandma Jorgensen would come out to the house and my two sisters and I would bake cookies with our mom and Grandma Jorgensen. Sometimes it is not until you grow up and have your own family that you realize how thankful you are for these little traditions. We always made at least 6 different kinds of cookies and not just a single or double batch. I swear we made enough cookies for the everyone who lived on Lea Hill. Today my next door neighbor and I made some little goodies (not near the amount I did growing up), but once again I was reminded of the fun times we had doing this. Three of the best things my mother taught me were #1 how to make good cookies, #2 how to make good strawberry freezer jam, and #3 how to can really yummy peaches and pears. Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

Thomas family said...

Looks Yummy! I love this time of the year. I have been baking my heart out too!

Amye Kay said...

Looks like you have been having a lot of fun. We had snow also, but no cancelled church or school. The roads are thankfully dry here. Most of the snow has melted today also. Have fun at your gift exchange, wish I could be there, but I have my cookie exchange. I spent my weekend baking also but froze a lot of it for Wednesday night.

The Whites said...

MY favorite.....baking!! ;)