Saturday, November 07, 2009

Paradise Island...

We have wonderful friends who we owe big time! Our friends, Angie and Will Penrose (okay mostly Angie) willingly watched our four kids, in addition to her own three boys, for six days while Aaron and I escaped to Paradise Island in Bahamas. It was an amazing vacation and we LOVED every minute of it.


All of the government buildings there are all bright colors.

We took a day and went into downtown Bahamas to eat at Hard Rock Cafe and visit the straw market.


The straw market was so cool. I could have bought hundreds of purses. I restrained and only bought one.

The women would hand weave these cute little bags so we thought we would get one for the girls. Here is the lady that was weaving their names into the basket. I was trying to decide if I really needed this watch and bracelet. Evidentally I did!

This is the view of the Atlantis hotel while we were riding back to the island in our water taxi.

The condos we stayed in were a short 2-3 minute walk from the actual Atlantis hotel. We would walk around the marina in the morning to head to the water park.

The water park was huge. They had a ton of pools, as well as aquariums and other stuff to look at. This fish was seriously huge.


This rope bridge went over some pretty clear water where the hammerhead sharks were. They had a lot of baby hammerheads that were so cute. Is that weird to think a shark is cute?

Loved the seahorse statue. This was in the little kid waterpark area.
The following few pictures are taken with a waterproof camera we bought there so the pictures are not the best, but they turned out okay. At the waterpark, there was a mile long lazy river. It has twists and turns and goes through rapids and tunnels, etc. Aaron and I seriously spent most of our time in this river. We joked that people would think we were lame because we go to Bahamas and sit in a lazy river, but hey, it was totally relaxing. We would sit in the river until we got too hot, then go get our virgin pina coladas and sit in the shade by the pool.


Here I am going down the rapids in the river.





Aaron in the rapids.


They had the coolest ever water slide. It was actually pretty trippy to go down, but you ended up in this underwater aquarium area. This picture doesn't do justice, but it was beautiful.

Just me chillin' in one of the pools.

Aaron hanging out under the waterfall in our secret cove!


At one point in the lazy river, you went by this area and they would let out a ton of water to make some serious waves. It was pretty fun.

Here is Aaron going down the Leap of Faith. I think that is what it was called anyway. You go down the water slide and then go through a clear tunnel with sharks swimming around you.

This is another part of the little kid waterpark area.

It's so cool because you have swimming pool water on one side and beach on the other. We actually didn't spend much time at the actual beach. We got in up to our waist so we could at least say we went into the ocean.
The water color was amazing.
These are just some shots from the top of one of the water slide towers.



These are the bright colored condos that we stayed in across the marina from the Atlantis hotel.

Aaron and I in the big chair outside the Casino.
Thank you Angie for keeping the kids. We had an amazing time. We have realized how important it is in a marriage to keep those sparks flying and keep the love alive! Thanks Aaron for the best time ever...


4 comments:

Emily said...

It looks like you had a great time! How fun for you to get away and how lucky you are to have such a good friend to watch your kids.

Marianne said...

Okay I am officially jealous. I am so in the mood for a fun trip right now and maybe a little bit of sun too. Glad you guys had such a good time. Your vacation looks amazing!

emily :) said...

Keeping the sparks alive...that's what it is all about!! ;) BTW, that Angie friend of yours is pretty amazing! Perhaps she would be available to take our kids for a few days...?? ;) Your children are wonderful and so easy, and I know that she had a great time!

Tiffanee said...

Looks like such an awesome trip. I am so glad you were able to get away and just have fun together.