Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Middle Finger...

If you get squeamish (not even sure that is a real word), don't look at the picture, just scroll down enough to read the story. It's not that bad. It's one of those things like ooh that is gross, but I really want to look.
So you don't always realize how important something is until you don't have it anymore. Yesterday, I was feeling so good heading in to do my dishes, my transcription work was all caught up, my kids were being so good...Life was good. So I am sitting there washing my cheese grader and dangit...I totally sliced my finger (not on the grader part, but on the inside of the bottom part where the metal is turned up). This incident did not fit into my "Life is good" day. However, an hour and four stitches later, life is good again.

I have bumped this stupid finger so many times since then and it reminds me how much I rely on it to do things...wash face, put on make-up, change diapers, do dishes, prepare food, write, type, cut waffles, tie shoes, oh the list could go on and on. I have a new found love for my middle finger.

6 comments:

The Whites said...

SWEET!!! Coop is gonna love that picture!! Thanks for blogging it!!
If you need some help let me know......RIGHT!

Thomas family said...

Yeah sounds like you and Jordan are in the same boat. I keeping telling her a couple more days and you will be back on the monkey bars. So keep your head up you will back normal in no time. :) lol!

Anderson Family said...

Wow, I just saw it with the band-aid on. You really did a number on it, didn't you? :) I hope it's feeling better and healing okay. Great talking with you at ballet on Monday!!

Amye Kay said...

My goodness woman, that was some serious cleaning....

emily :) said...

Why did I have to look!! I got sick just thinking about it when you showed me the band-aided finger! OUCH!

Tiffanee said...

WOW You really did a number. Ouch.