Sunday, May 02, 2010

Snowboarding...

This year Dilan started snowboarding. He took lessons that were every Wednesday for six weeks. He absolutely loves it. He doesn't love sitting in class and learning, he just wants to fly down the mountain. One Friday, Dilan and I went up to the mountain ourselves while Aaron stayed home with the other kids. We had a blast. We got in a bunch of runs and Dilan is fast. I am a little more conservative, but he just strapped on his board, took off and said "see you at the bottom mom". He told me the other day that this was one of his best nights and he can't wait to go next season...
Neither can I!

The nice thing about Aaron's schedule is that he is home during the day sometimes and so he and I can get in some snowboard dating. We would put the three older kids on the bus, take Kendall to Aunt Robyn's and take off up to the mountains. This particular day was absolute HEAVEN. There is nothing better than making fresh tracks in the snow while it is lightly snowing. Seriously, I really think it is a little piece of heaven for me.

No comments: