Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

This year we let the kids decide if they wanted to paint their pumpkin or carve it. Kendall opted for painting. She was very excited to paint the pumpkin she got at the pumpkin patch.

I can always count on Megan to get down and dirty. She is always the first one of the kids to get their hands in there and get busy!
Aaron was busy helping Dilan. He does not love to have his picture taken and obviously thinks it is pretty funny when he doesn't look at me for the picture. I tell the kids if they don't let me take their picture, they are going to be grounded. Evidentally Aaron needs to be grounded!

Atwood actually got his hands in and got a little messy this year.

Here is Dilan with his hand full of seeds.

And...here are the finished products. Of course Megan's is the one with the star nose. Kendall's is the cute painted one (with a little help from mom). Dilan's had the angry triangle eyes.
And of course there is Atwood's. The boys wanted scary looking pumpkins, but we did our best. When we talk about Halloween decorations, I always tell the kids that I like cute stuff and they say "Mom, Halloween is supposed to be spooky and scary".


No comments: