Sunday, August 31, 2008

Silverwood!

The first week of August, we took a trip to Silverwood in Idaho. SherRae's parents came with us and it was so great. The kids had so much fun spending the week with Grandma and Grandpa. Here are the kids packed in the car ready to go pick up Grandma and Grandpa Kilstrom. Originally they were going to drive separate so they could take a little detour on the way home, but the morning we left, Grandma and Grandpa's car got broke into and a window broken. As unfortunate as this was, it was actually great for my kids. They had a great time with Grandma and Grandpa on the drive there and home.

We decided to stay in a family suite at the Holiday Inn Express. This is the room we stayed in. It had a great layout for what we needed. It had a nice little fridge and microwave (although I don't think we even used that).


It had the two queen beds with the pull-out sofa bed as well. It also had a separate bedroom with a queen bed. Aaron and I slept there with Kendall in that bedroom in her port-a-crib.

My kids loved that they could lay in bed at night and watch TV from their beds. Actually Grandma and Grandpa slept in one of the beds and each of the kids took a turn sleeping by themself on the sofa bed.

The first night we got there, we went to KFC and Grandpa sat down by the Colonel. Then all the kids joined him for a picture.

On Tuesday, we went to Silverwood Theme Park. At Silverwood, there is a waterpark called Boulder Beach. We spent the first 3-4 hours of the day at the waterpark. They had a little kiddy area where Atwood and Kendall spent most of their time. Grandma stayed with them for the most part so Aaron and I could go on some of the bigger rides with Megan, Dilan, and Grandpa.

Here's Dilan thinking this is all pretty cool.

After spending the morning at the waterpark, we changed clothes and spent the rest of the day riding the "dry rides". Megan was very brave on this trip. She actually drove in these bumper cars by herself. Aaron and Grandpa also drove their own little crazy cars.

There were a few rides that Atwood was a little too short for. So instead of just sitting around waiting, we opted to get ice cream cones with Grandma.

Atwood did manage to get in a few rides though and had a blast.

The day after going to the theme park, we spent the day at Triple Play. Right next to the Holiday Inn Express, actually it was attached with a skybridge type thing, was a fun little place called Triple Play. This included an idoor waterpark with a little wave pool, three water slides, and a little kids play area. The kids had a blast going on the toilet bowl tube ride. We spent quite a bit of time here. Triple Play also had bumper boats, mini golf, laser tag, arcade games, bowling, and go-karts. We had so much fun with all of these. In fact, one night, we put the kids to bed and Grandma stayed with them while Grandpa, Aaron, and I went to ride go-karts. We even talked to the workers into stacking up the "fast" cars in a row so we could really race. So I was kind of trash-talking to Aaron and my dad thinking I am all that. Well, I got stuck behind this stinkin' pop-off of a driver. He was totally screwing around big-time and being just abnoxious enough that I couldn't get past him to win. Oh, I was so irritated (obviously still a little upset about it!)
Anyway, we also played a few games of laser tag. Grandma Kilstrom totally got into this. She was so funny, I had to take a picture of her shooting at one of the boys.

We also played some rounds of mini golf. My kids had lots of fun (it was kind of hot though). Here is Dilan doing his thing.

Atwood and Grandma stuck together for golf.

Grandpa gave Megan quite a few pointers to help her out.

Even I got in on the fun and when I had trouble...

Kendall was right there to make my ball go where it was supposed to go.

It was such a fun time for all of us. The kids are already talking about everything we are going to do when we go back next year. Evidentally they have made some plans for us!

No comments: